Notes for Contributors
Following many kind offers from many people, I welcome offers of contributions to my website. In particular, I would be keen to consider offers of intelligent essays, useful e-texts, and informative entries for the following areas:
Of the pages mentioned, I would be most keen to receive offers to write entries for the British Abolitionists pages. There are far more abolitionists than I can ever find time to write about! But whatever you might be thinking of contributing, please read the following notes first:
- Before you write anything, please contact me first.
- I would be delighted to consider contributions from anyone, but I do ask that the contribution be yours, that it be original (or reprinted with the permission of the publisher) and that it be of a publishable standard. Contributions should also be (in the old phrase) legal, decent, honest, and truthful.
- I can only accept items that are relevant to my website - however good they might be!
- Entries on British Abolitionists are especially welcome. Ideally, these should be around 1000 words with a bibliography. You can get an idea of these by looking at the existing entries. If you are an expert on someone on whom I've already written an inadequate or out-of-date biography, please offer to replace my entry!
- I would be delighted to add e-texts of relevant material, for example poems about slavery which are out of copyright (i.e., the author must have died before 1940).
- I am not able to offer any sort of payment for your contribution, sorry. However, I will make sure that you name is very prominently featured and I will include links to your own website and/or e-mail address if you wish.
- The copyright on your text/images will remain yours and I will remove your material from my website within a reasonable period if you ever wish it to be removed.